Wednesday, July 22, 2015

"You Are My Quiet Place, I Am Your Wild"

    "I am your parent, you are my child. I am your quiet place, you are my wild." That's a quote from a book called You Are My I Love You--and it's a quote that sparked my desire to create this blog. My name is Katy; my husband of nearly 2 and a half years, Matt, and I have a beautiful 7 month old daughter named Madelyn (aka the Chicken), with another--Lilah Kate (aka the Duck)--due in December. Our two girls will be less than a year apart--what a shock! Despite the initial stunned couple of months, I am so excited about the challenge; there has never been anything I've loved like I love being a Momma.

(I know--she's about the cutest thing ever.)


So, I started this blog as a way to hold myself accountable in a couple of ways. Firstly, that I would be documenting these sweet but fleeting days with my girl(s). There are times where I desperately crave some time to myself, but when I'm rocking Madelyn and reading to her or singing and she lays her head so sweetly on my shoulder, I can't help but think about how quickly the time has gone! In those moments, I snug her tighter because I know that tomorrow, she'll already be a little bit bigger, a little more independent. So, I want pictures and memories that I can go back and look at when she's eight months, ten month, a year, or twelve years old. Hopefully, blogging will hold me accountable to documenting these things.

The other way I intend to use this blog is as a way to actually DO all the cool ideas I find on Pinterest or Mom Blogs and think, "WOW. Madelyn would totally DIG that!" instead of getting distracted by the day to day. If I'm wanting to talk about anything, I have to do something to talk about.

So, in the interest of showing just how much my girl is "my wild", let's get this thing started!

No comments:

Post a Comment