Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Lollie's Birthday!

  Today is my mom's birthday!! Merry Birthday to our Lollie! She isn't the type to want to do a big shindig or anything, but I think birthdays are so super important. Today, years ago, my mom was born. Without her, there would be no me, no Madelyn, no Lilah. Every person she has even had the slightest relationship is different in some way for having known my mom. That's weighty. And, when the Bible talks about being salt and light in Matthew ("You are the salt of the earth; but if salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? ...You are the light of world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand, so that it may give light to the whole house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven." Matthew 5:13-16), it's talking about my mom. She is light and flavor to everyone she meets. She is an example of encouragement and Christly love. She is kind and generous and stunning, inside and out. I am so, so grateful for her and her influence on my life and that of my kid(s).

   And, so, to celebrate without "celebrating" today--Madelyn and I did a project! We made her a card. (Please ignore her bed-head! :) )


 Priss was totally fascinated by the paint on her hands...getting her to open them up so I COULD paint them was a little difficult, but she ended up enjoying it.

 Daddy took the pictures today, so she got distracted by his camera. :) Which was actually a huge help, since it enabled me to manipulate her hands more easily.

She did try to eat the paint brush, but we rescued it before it got insider her mouth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment