Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's Been A Good While...

    So, it's definitely been a minute since I've posted. In my defense, my pregnancy got more complicated, and then the birth and afterwards were a little hectic as well. Happily, though, we are BACK! :)

This is our brand new daughter--the Duckling. Or, as her Daddy calls her, "Duzzy".
   


The Chicken loves our little Duck. I, for one, was super concerned prior to the birth that she would be extremely jealous, or that the transition to a two-baby family would be something that she would hate. Instead, she's surprised me by ADORING her sister. If anything, I have to watch to be sure she's not trying to wake the baby--one of her new favorite activities is to stand over Sister's swing or bouncer while she's taking a nap and "talk" to her. 

Her first few moments after meeting the Duck in the hospital, she was a little unsure. There was ample thumb sucking and snugging into me, her dad, and her grandparents. Then, she decided that this new baby wasn't too bad! We've been (mostly!) giggles and fun times since then!!



The Chicken especially loves to touch Sister. She likes to touch her feet and unfurl (with close supervision, obviously) the Duckling's little hands to look at her fingers. I'm delighted with how things are going between them!! I think my two little girls are going to be close! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment